Thursday, March 29, 2012

My new and exciting purchases

These are a few things I've been wanting for weeks, and although I could of probably gotten these things at any drug store near me, I convinced myself that they called for a trip to Ulta. This is what I got and what I think about them so far...



Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush: 
I find this to be one of the most intriguing products of the year, just from the use of the word "bouncy", that's a word you don't hear too often in the cosmetic world. That curiosity combined with the adorable packaging and vibrant color selection of these blushes and It's hard to imagine that I am the only one rushing out to get one. I got the shade "Fresh Pink" it is a cool, very girly bubblegum pink, that I think looks great for Spring. When I got home I couldn't resist the urge to stick my finger in it, to my delight it is actually bouncy, kind of like memory foam it pops back into place if you touch it ever so genitally, but it gets even weirder when you run your finger across it the texture is more of a powder than a cream.Very strange but I just adore it, I have only worn it once and I want to go back and get one in every color. 
Maybelline Color Tattoo: 
I have to admit, initially the commercial for this product scared me, it featured the two brightest colors in the line a vibrant blue and neon orange, those colors are just not me and I assumed this product wasn't either. However in a magazine I saw the full selection of colors this product came in and fell in love with two shades "bad to the bronze" (which I bought) and "tough as taupe" (which was out of stock). I thought the product must be similar to MAC paintpots, and I find the only difference is that these are way more pigmented and slightly less creamy. I haven't worn it yet, but I will eventually test its staying-power. 
Revlon Lip Butters:
I have been a little obsessive about lip products lately, trying to find something that I find suitable for spring has become quite the challenge. The idea of a product that offers both color payoff and moisturizing benefits was attractive to me, so I bought two Revlon lip butters. I was not sure exactly how sheer they would apply so it made color selection difficult so I choose to get "tutti fruitti" an orange shade that I would typically not choose and "berry smoothie" a shade that I would usually go for. The results are not bad, they are light weight but the color is still noticeable, it glides on for a very effortless application, and I really like the packaging, the angled tube makes application easier and looks great. 
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment