Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Best Glitter Nail Polish: Sally Hansen Gem Crush

Sally Hansen gem crush Razzle Dazzler
Update: 2 coats Sally Hansen Gem Crush Razzle Dazzler, no base color no topcoat.
Sally Hansen gem crush Razzle Dazzler
Update: Close up. 

This was an accidental find for me, I wasn't in the market for a glitter nail polish, I already own a few and I am usually unimpressed by the results. I few weeks ago I was at Ulta looking at the OPI Holland collection when I saw these, and honestly I just cant resist shinny things. When I got home I found that I had a similar glitter polish, Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in "Strobe Light". I was angry at myself for yet another compulsive buy and I almost returned it, luckily its a long drive to Ulta for me so a $6 return didn't seem worth it.

Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear "Strobe Light" and Sally Hansen's Gem Crush "Razzle Dazzler" 
With the Xtreme Wear you tend to get very few glitter particles and tons of the clear polish, resulting in gloopy nails that take forever to dry, without much actual glitter payoff, not to mention that uses quite a bit of product up, fast. Its practically impossible to use this on its own and get full coverage. I was accustom to using it with a base color and just getting a hint of glitter on my nails. So like the adventurous spirit that I am, I didn't do any research on the Gem Crush polish, I just dove right into the bottle and slapped way to much product on my nails over a base color that was unnecessary. 
I have come to find out that this polish is advertised as a full coverage glitter, which with about two coats it is (as seen above), however now im just more frustrated with every other glitter polish I own. Since previously I've only owned crappy glitter polishes that have preformed pathetically, I always just assumed that the full coverage technology was beyond us. Im glad this turned out to be a happy accident and not a complete disappointment for me but now it has set a new standard for all glitter nail polishes to come. 
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment