Monday, April 9, 2012

The Oddity that is Maybelline's Color Tattoo Tough as Taupe

I see no need to review Maybelline's color tattoos because from what I have seen, reviews have been overwhelmingly positive and in such great quantity that I am sure everything one needs to know has been said. Except one thing, the shade Tough as Taupe is a completely different color when worn than it is in the pot or even swatches. In the jar it is a true "taupe" color a brownish purpley color, in swatches it leans towards a greyish brownish purpely color, and when applied it is a very cool bluey grey color. It is so strange that it kind of makes me uneasy, I feel like a victim of some sort of witchcraft every time I use it, and like any such victim I feel that no one believes my story, but today I come with proof! 

Brown Taupe in the jar

The swatch is almost that same color but a bit greyer.

Then out of Nowhere, blue grey on my eyes! (Note, that it's not due to the bad photography)

This is a very strange phenomena and although I am less than thrilled that such a lovely taupe is out of my reach, me and grey are old friends, I can make due. This grey is more suited for dramatic smokey eyes than soft spring afternoons and it kind of threw a wrench into my plans for it, so I tried to lighten it up a bit, here is what I used... 

Again "Taupe" In the jar but looks great with MACs Fresh Ice mineralize eyeshadow. 
Complete display of products I used.
To make this softer I used Tough as Taupe on my lids and blended it out with a Sigma E25 blending brush, and to the lower lash-line with a Sephora concealer brush, I used no crease color because I did not want to add anything too dark. Instead I brightened the inner-corner and inner-third with MAC's Fresh Ice mineralize eyeshadow from their Glitter and Ice collection. I am not a fan of harsh black liner for day especially not on the lower lash-line because I feel it closes the eyes off, makes them seem smaller, and can also look messy easily. So I went for MAC's eyeliner in grey utility and only used it on the tight-line, it is not far off from black but it also has a nice blue undertone. Tight-lining can get a bit messy as well if the color transfers to the lower waterline, so to brighten it up I used MAC's Fascinating eyeliner. See swatches for all these products above. Onto the boring stuff, too finish it off of course I applied Mascara, my favorite at the moment is Maybelline's Colassal Volum' Express, and I always curl my eyelashes, it makes not only your lashes look good but also brightens and awakens the eyes. I also always use an undereye concealer, I have dark circles and Maybelline's Instant age rewind Eraser is the best, most brightening, undereye concealer I have ever tried. 
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment