Friday, June 1, 2012

Spring Favorites


Normally I dabble in my makeup collection from day to day, but for the last few months I've been gravitating towards a few products. The have just been so easy to throw on from day to day and seem very appropriate for spring. Even though summer is approaching  im still not ready to give them up.




Beauty Blender Sponge

I have been having a bit of a foundation crisis lately but no matter what I choose to wear I have been relying on my beauty blender to make it look good. It's spring, I haven't been wanting my skin to look too matte or powdery. The beauty blender just adds the perfect amount of moisture and creates the most natural finish to make any foundation look more fresh. 

Victoria's Secret Gorgeous Perfume 

I got this as a Christmas present, before then I wasn't even aware Victoria's Secret made scents or makeup, but it was a pleasant surprise because this has quickly become my favorite scent for spring. The scent is a perfect balance of floral and sweet, but what I like most is its a subtle scent. It's light and airy and doesn't feel out of place on a spring day. Nothing worse than heavy overpowering scents when its hot out.


Urban Decay Ammo Palette: Smog, Maui Wowie, Sin, Chopper

Urban Decay Ammo Palette

I dug this out of the bottom of my makeup drawer to use the bright purple color and after that fell in love with all the neutral shades, which would come as no suprise to you if you knew me. Urban Decay is very good at making neutral shades feel special, these gleam in the light and never feel boring. They also have been the providing the perfect simple color palette to go with the vibrant pink blush or lipstick I've been wearing.

Mac Shade Stick Beige-ing, Urban Decay: Maui Wowie, Smog, Sin, Chopper


  Elf Blush in Tickled Pink

This is just a nothing special kind of blush but its also the one I reach for when I just want some natural-flush looking color on my cheeks. Its a warm pink with a bit of shimmer through it, but I never really noticed the shimmer on the skin. It's really nice for those natural makeup days or quietly complimenting a brighter makeup choice.

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Fresh Pink

I really love these little blushes, this perfectly pink color being my favorite. Of course I can go on about it havent the perfect cream to powder consistency and everything but I already did that In this post. I just feel so much prettier when I wear it, it's bright but the texture of my skin shines through it, makes me feel glowy and healthy looking.

Elf: Party Pink, MAC: chatterbox, Fresh Sugar: Rose

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose

I got a mini size of this lip balm from Sephora as my free birthday present only a few weeks ago, spoilers if you didn't know what the gift was this year. It came in a cute little box and the packaging of it is even nicer, even though its a sample size its heavy sturdy case that looks and feels like metal. It came with two, both feel and smell the same but of course I like the Rose one better for the red tint, its sheer color but it still looks nicer than your average lip balm. These have a refreshing sweet citrus scent and make my lips feel great. However I went back to check them out and discovered they have more colors but they are $22, unfortunately I dont know if I could justify spending that much on, essentially, a chapstick, it was a lovely gift though and still a favorite for spring. 

Mac Lipstick in Chatterbox

This is my favorite MAC lipstick, admittedly I only have three, that even surprises me, but its only for the color, its creamy so I find it wears off quite easily. I love this color because its so bright and vibrant but its also not too dark, I always find that true fuchsia (took me like five minutes to spell that) is always too dark for my skin-tone. So this bright color is still wearable for practically everyday, at least for me. Its gone really well with the eye shadow colors from the Urban Decay palette, pairing it with such soft neutral colors has really made it feel light and easy, even though its a bold color. 

Elf Party Pink Lipstick

I bought this online not really knowing what color it would turn out to be but its called "party pink" and that was good enough for me. When I got it I was actually surprised that it was a relatively neutral color, its a coral-y pink but its almost exactly the same color as my natural lip color. Normally I'd think that was boring and useless but its surprisingly beautiful. Its kind of like foundation for your lips it makes them look more polished, its perfect for natural days, it just makes me look healthier. This also has a really nice texture, it feels really moisturizing which is hard to find in a lipstick and it makes it so much easier to wear because you don't have to sit and even it out over the dry areas with a lipbrush. With all these benefits I think this will be one of my favorite everyday items all year. 

 That's pretty much been my spring face for the last few months, I think its a really beautiful sophisticated palette and im honestly finding it hard to give up now that summers approaching. I'm needing some inspiration and waiting to stumble upon that perfect summer product that'll get the ball rolling. 

  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment