Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Fourth of July NOTD

This is a Fourth of July inspired nail art perfect for those who are particularly unskilled at nail art. Just because you cant draw stars and stripes perfectly onto your nails (or you dont own a white nail polish for some reason) doesn't mean you have to miss out on all the patriotic festivities! 

I used the same technique as I did for these nails. I thought the metallic stippling would be reminiscent of fireworks, at least in the abstract, and gold and silver just happen to work harmoniously within the holiday's color palette.


Navy blue is perfect for this, not only is it a flag color but it also acts as the night sky backdrop to my makeshift fireworks. I used both silver and gold metallic finish nail polish to create the firework effect. The red unfortunately doesnt coincide with the fireworks theme but I had to throw it in there to prevent the nails from looking Christmas-y. Overall It's not bad for my first themed nail art, I feel festive! 


  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment