Saturday, August 11, 2012

15 Day Nail Challenge. Day 12 - Stripes

Today's day 12 of Makeup Savvy's Nail art Challenge! Today's theme is stripes which is something I have never attempted and I was almost completely sure I'd screw up today's nails.  


I am not so great at drawing on my nails and I've tried the 'tape' method  before and failed miserably, in my mind there was absolutely no way I was ever going to create a decent striped look for today. But instead of opting out on today I thought I could at least to try out 'A' stripe on each nail. 




In all honesty these look pretty good in real life, without the scrutiny of the HD camera lens the lines seem crisp and the red polish doesn't look so shotty. Also in real life the colors do not seem to contrast as much especially from a distance or in dimmer lighting. The only thing that is apparent is that the width of the lines is a little inconsistent, trying to keep them even was the most difficult part of doing these nails. 




My favorite part of these nails is actually the color combination, I just thought this MAC frosted color called Beiged Bliss would look great as the stripe and thought this deep brown red Nicole by OPI color called Girl Talk complimented it. The Nicole by OPI shade is a bit old now and has gone a little thick and gloopy which is why the application looks so streaky and uneven, it's quite a shame because it's one of my favorite fall colors and now im contemplating throwing it out. 

These aren't the greatest looking nails in these pictures however I like the way they look in real life, and I think I'll wear them again. It's a nice way to wear frosted gold, a quite summery color, in the fall. So in the end im glad I didn't give up on today's challenge and tried something new. 


  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

2 comments:

Laurenlovesmakeupxoxo said...

nice! check out my blog!
laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk

Cara Membesarkan said...

good posting about 15 Day Nail Challenge. Day 12 - Stripes

Post a Comment