Wednesday, August 15, 2012

15 Day Nail Challenge. Day 15 - Anything!

We have reached the end of Makeup Savvy's 15 Day Nail Art Challenge, it's a sad day. I skipped out on one or two days but for the most part I feel very accomplished for completing this challenge. I've never really tried much actual nail art before, but since so many others participated it was way more fun than just painting my nails. In fact I enjoyed seeing everyone else's nails more than doing my own, it really was nice to see all the possibilities. 


So all things must come to an end, so I had to think of something exciting to do! So I saw a picture of splatter nails in Seventeen Magazine (yes im a little older than seventeen, what of it!?) and thought they were really cool, I like splatter anything, so I decided to give them a try. Sticking with my summery color palette I used a bunch of different toned purple and pinks. 




Doesn't that look like fun?
I did get a little angry every time a cool looking splatter ended up on my skin instead of nails, but I guess I need to work on my aim. Even though I took precautions I still got paint all over my skin, maybe I could have been more careful but that'd suck the fun out of it. 

So I hope you liked my splatter nails, Im looking forward to seeing what everyone else will come up with for 'Anything' day. I don't think im going to do anymore nail posts for a while sadly, my nails are starting to break so im going to cut them and give them a rest for a while. 






  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

8 comments:

Alexis said...

I really like splatter nails but I'm afraid of the mess I'd make! Love the colours you used x

MissGreenEyes said...

This is on my list of things to try, I love how it looks x

The Nail Artiste said...

I really love this look! I'm a bit lazy to tape off my nails though, so I know it'd be a mess haha. What method did you use to get the splatter?

Sara Java said...

You can try putting some Vaseline around your nails, might work. I used a straw with a piece of fabric taped to on end (panty hoes fabric works the best), yea the hardest part was getting that contraption to work lol.

Sara Java said...

lol it's not that messy just put a few paper towels down. Thanks =)

Obat Kuat said...

good posting about 15 Day Nail Challenge. Day 15 - Anything!

Sara Pilling said...

Oh wow. These are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing this post. I'm going to get loads of newspaper down and try this! Maybe with different colours too.

Colour At Your Fingertips said...

This is a gorgeous design, I love the look of the paint splatter!

Also I have nominated you for a Liebster Award http://www.colouratyourfingertips.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/liebster-blog-award.html

Post a Comment