Saturday, August 25, 2012

St. Ives Green Tea Scrub

I hereby declare this Skincare Saturday! 

At least until I find something better to post on Saturdays. Since I dont have anything to do never post on Saturdays and I have tons of skincare favorites to share, I thought I'd be all professional and come up with a kitschy name for it to force upon my readers. Don't worry I'll keep it short and sweet, as not to disturb your busy Saturday schedules. Without further adieu...


St. Ives seems to have done it again, after the much coveted Apricot scrub (which is still mentioned in numerous' beauty magazines 'favorites' occasionally) they have managed to create yet another amazing scrub. This one being even more amazing (Only in my less impressive opinion). 



It's a scrub, what it all comes down to is that this has the best scrubies (granules? grains?) that I've ever found in a drug store scrub. They're very fine grains and there are a lot of them, it makes for a perfect consistency to exfoliate. In other face scrubs I have used, they seem to contain few large grains and a lot of cleanser, I find they're too rough and too sparse to be efficient. I definitely prefer the large quantity of small grains in my scrubs. 
Secondly the main complaint of the Apricot scrub was that it was too harsh, especially for the face. The Green Tea scrub since it has finer grains, It is certainly a lot gentler (as gentle as sand on your face can be). After using this my face doesn't feel raw and sore, just soft and smooth. 
Lastly, the least important but most pressing part of any beauty product, It smells good! Not exactly like green tea but a nice fresh natural type scent, that is also not to over powering, I find it quite refreshing. 

Yes, that's all, can you believe it? I've repurchased this over and over, I use it on both face and body, oh but probably not best for daily use. Anyway's, if you are in the market for a good scrub I'd definitely recommend checking this out. 





  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

2 comments:

GenericallyGypsi said...

I have the same problem with most scrubs!! I'll have to check this one out. Recently I've been using Yes To... Blueberries Softening Scrub, and I like the consistency of the scrubies in that one.

PS. I stumbled upon your blog and I love it! :)

Sara Java said...

I've been wanting to try the Yes To brand but cant seem to find it anywhere.
Thanks =)

Post a Comment