Thursday, November 29, 2012

Essie's Leading Lady

Just had the desire to write a quick little post on something pretty and sparkly (my favorite kind of post). There's no extravagant introduction with this one, It caught my eye, as sparkly things do, and I had to have it. It's Leading Lady from Essie's Leading Lady / Winter Collection. 




I have to say that I just don't understand this collection. It's a winter collection called Leading Lady, to me that evokes an idea of stage glamour and holiday sparkle. This shade is great, completely fits the aesthetic but I think most of the other shades just seem like wild cards. The cobalt blue, sea-foam green, and bright orange scream more summer vacation to me. But hey, if they were all as pretty as this one I'd be out forty dollars, maybe I should count it as financial luck.  


Strange Lighting courtesy of gloomy Fall weather.

Maybe Im a bit of a full-coverage glitter polish addict, but I didn't think this shade lived up to what it looks like in the bottle. The bottle is just stunning, it's hard to compete. But I must give credit where credit is due and say that the base color is a really nice and opaque deep red and it does give a fair amount of glitter pay off, things that are uncommon in glitter nail polishes. I suppose if built up, maybe three or four coats, you could get a better glitter coverage.
Either way, the glitter still catches the light and gives a nice sheen and sparkle to the nails. It's definitely not the worst glitter polish I've come across. But don't forget a top coat, I didn't find this very long lasting.


Still glad I got this, both reds and glitters are always welcome in my collection. It's very festive, reminds me of Christmas and my favorite time of year. I think it's definitely gonna get some use! 

  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

1 comments:

Vicky Hoang said...

what a beautiful festive shade!

vickyhoang.blogspot.com

Post a Comment