Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Valentines NOTD


Every Valentines day I take out this really adorable Nicole by OPI glitter hearts polish; its practically the only  time it sees the light of day (but somehow it's still half empty). It's one of my favorite nail polishes I've ever owned but it also makes for the most annoyingly impractical manicure I have ever experienced.   





The base color I used was my new pale pink, almost nude, Essie polish called Like to be Bad. Which I was disappointed in because it's quite sheer (this is 3 coats) and it looks like it has a red shimmer in it while it's in the bottle but it doesn't show up at all on the nails! I wanted a shimmer so I then put on a thin layer of Nicole by OPI Pink-nic in the Park which is a very sheer purple and pink duo-chrome. Then onto the glitter!




This glitter is probably not available anymore but it is repromoted quite a lot; I saw a similar one in the Minnie Mouse OPI collection last year, this one is called Nicole by OPI Step to the Beat of my Heart

I didnt start with the intention to put glitter hearts on every nail but I just couldn't help myself. Then a few hours later I realized why I never usually do that.... 

Firstly, this is one of those extremely annoying glitter polishes where you get tons of clear polish and few glitter particles, mine was worsened by the fact that it's half empty. So I basically had to fish out each heart one by one; however this did allow me to get accurate placement of the hearts.
Then, I realized later when I was taking a shower that the hearts 'catch' on every little thing, like clothing threads and hair most annoyingly of all! It's very impracticable because it not only rips out your hair but also the catching causes the hearts to chip off eventually. Originally my ring finger was fully coated in hearts but just a day later, as you can see in the photo, it has a few bald spots. 

This manicure was so annoying and uncomfortable that I have already peeled off all the hearts in frustration (and it's not even Valentines day yet)! Ripping off hearts has to be some kind of bad omen... 



  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment