Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Real Techniques Starter Set Eye Brushes Review

Finally got the Real Techniques Eye Brushes I've been eyeing! 
A few months ago I tried my first Real Techniques Brush (The Blush Brush) and now im a complete convert. I've bought almost every brush in the line now and Im never disappointed.




Base Shadow Brush -

This is a very basic brush but one that is perfection! It reminds me of the much coveted MAC 217, it's another one of those brushes that do the convenient double duty of packing on shadow and blending it at the same time.
Unlike the MAC 217 this has a point at the tip. Which makes it very easy to do something a little more precise, like crease and outer-V work.

Compared to MAC 217


Deluxe Crease Brush -

This is a very dense round topped brush. I dont think this should have been called a "crease brush", I find this too be a little too big for use on my eyes. With one exception, it's pretty dense which makes it ideal for blending really suborn cream shadows.
This brush reminds me of Sigma's Precision kabuki brushes, and I find it works just like the one I have. It's actually perfect for blending concealer or especially thick cream products. 


Compared to Sigma Precision Kabuki 


Accent Brush -

This is a really thin, small, short fiber-ed brush. Real Techniques says this is "designed for precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting, and smudging" and I find that to be completely true.
I find this perfect for work under the eyes, smudging liner, eyebrows, and even lipstick if need be.


Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush -

I'll admit things start to go downhill at this point. The point on this brush is way to blunt to be a good for my eyeliner. It makes the line too thick for my taste and cant make a thin point that I like at the end of my liner.
Although I have been using it for concealing, I prefer liner brushes because I like to use as little concealer as possible (I previously used my Sigma eyeliner brush). So it's not useless to me at least. 

Compared to Sigma Eyeliner Brush


Brow Brush -

This brush is the real low point for me. Apparently this brush was specifically designed to be used for brows. It's shaped like a classic angled brush but is unusually thick. The thickness prevents me from getting the precise lines I need in my eyebrows and pretty much everything else.
I literally cannot find a use for this brush, it's the only brush that I'd say was a complete miss.


Compared to MAC and Sigma Angle Brushes

Overall I love these! and use most of them everyday. Even though these came in a set, they are of the same quality as the individual Real Techniques Brushes I've bought. They're soft, don't shed, and maintain their shape wash after wash. BTW they also came with a brush holder thingy, similar to a brush roll but it stands up. I don't use it much but it seems nice for travel. 

On a side note, I also bought the Real Techniques Core Collection face brushes, and will be reviewing them next! 







  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment