Tuesday, February 26, 2013

UD Naked Basics Palette FOTD


This is less of a FOTD and more of a face of the month. Glitter shadows have gotten so old, and since school started I just want something simple, fresh (and brightening! for those early mornings eghhh), and quick. The clear choice for me is was the Naked Basics Palette, but I definitely needed to inject some color. 



Eyes -  Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette, Sephora Silver Eyeliner

Obviously, the star of the show is the Naked Basics Palette. I used the shades, W.O.S and Naked 2, a light skin-tone color and a light cool brown. 

 I can't give the palette all the credit because I found that I just needs a little something extra. I've been using a silver eyeliner and I love it! It, not only makes it look less boring, but it also helps me feel more awake in the morning.

Face -  Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation, Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush, Benefit Watts Up Highlighter

Still using my favorite foundation, Neutrogena Healthy Skin. It's a tad too dark for me (as this was my summer color) and it's sadly running out now, but hopefully I'll be able to get L'oreal Magic Lumi foundation soon (that I featured in my Spirng Shopping List post).

Today Im wearing way more blush than is recommended (so it'd show up in the picture). It's Tarte's Amazonian clay blush in Fantastic, that came in a set of four. Not sure if it's available in full size (or even at all) sadly. But it's my favorite of the four, bright cool pink that looks good with plummy lipstick.

I just can't get enough of highlights. I have a mini sample of Benefits Watts Up. It's not bad but it's a more subtle highlight. 

Lips -  MAC Lipstick Rebel

I do switch up my lipstick but my favorite of the moment is Rebel. I used to wear this really dark and opaque  last fall, but I realized it looks so pretty and bright as a stain! It tones down to such a lovely bright pink berry color, who knew! Also the Satin finish lasts a really long time on the lips, virtually no touch ups needed.









Im not photogenic at ALL and my camera was making me all sorts of weird colors. But a FOTD would'nt be complete without a face.

I didn't think I'd EVER love such a plain palette so much. Im not a fan of boring makeup. But using this feels like a lifestyle change for me, it's simplification. Everything I need but nothing more. Except of course bright blush and lipstick! It's definitely my ideal fresh spring face.


And by the way, this is my first FOTD! Thanks for reading =)
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment