Friday, March 15, 2013

My Favorite Sigma Brushes


I know I have been going on and on about my shinny new Real Techniques Brushes lately but I haven't forgot about Sigma; Far from it actually, these are my staple brushes that just can't be beat.

* This whole post will seem like a giant plug for Sigma, but I promise im not being compensated (im not cool enough)....




Kabuki Brushes:  F80 Flattop Kabuki - P86 Precision Tapered Kabuki 

Might as well start with my absolute all time favorite Sigma Brushes, the synthetic Kabukis. These are probably the most famous and hyped of all the Sigma brushes, and for good reason!  These beat ALL the other Kabuki style brushes I've tried (Make up for Ever, Tarte, Real Techniques). Why? They're incredibly soft, incredibly dense, and have just the right amount of flexibility. 
If you have never put one of these to your face, you don't know what you're missing! 




Blush Brush: F40 Large Angled Contour

This is my favorite blush brush ever. Im not a fan of rounded or paddle shaped blush brushes but sometimes angled brushes can be too thin. This is the exception! The perfect combination an angled brush with a perfect amount of "fluff" too it. The results are a perfectly placed and blended blush application. I don't do bronzer or contouring, but I imagine it'd be pretty damn perfect for that too. 

* (The F80 is for size reference)

* Apologies for the dirty brush, forgot to clean it for the photos.




Blending Brushes: E40 Tapered Blending (black fiber brush) - E25  Blending (white fiber brush)

Im not saying these are the best blending brushes out there - but they are the best I've ever owned. Definitely  softer then their MAC counterparts (As are most Sigma brushes). The E40 is fluffy and slightly tapered it can give a lovely soft blend that basically fades into nothing. 
I do favor the E25 though, It is irreplaceable perfection. It's a multi-tasker, it can blend but it can also give a precise application. Most used eye brush I own!   




Pencil Brush - E30 Pencil

Lastly is my faithful pencil brush. It's not a brush I use everyday but it's still one of the best in my collection. It sets itself apart from my MAC pencil brush because it's so much more precise, soft, and flexible. It not only gives a better result but it's also just feels nice; The MAC pencil brush is rough and stiff and generally unpleasant to use.




If you have't noticed yet, I generally detest MAC brushes. They're typically about 10$ more than Sigma and they're just unpleasant! They bristles are rough, they shed, and they could be improved upon (but never are). 

Sigma brushes aren't perfect (Except the Kabukis!). There are softer brushes out there (for a price), and The bristles do wear and stain. But they hold their shape after washing, the handles are secure, they dont shed, and they're decently soft. I find that if you're looking for good quality professional-grade brushes, with a variety that you just can't find a the drugstore, Sigma is the way to go! 


I could go on but I probably shouldn't So... Thanks for reading! I'd be happy to answer any questions. 




  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment