Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Beauty Blogger's Birthday

Lately I've been feeling a little strange about my blog. It's filled with my opinions and my products, yet somehow it's feeling less and less like an extension of me as time goes on. Almost as if it's becoming a creature in of itself, and im just it's means of conveyance. Which is not what I intended! So I thought I'd share a little bit about myself because I don't want to be a stranger to my own blog. 

I'm not just a blogger I'm a real person, and yesterday was my birthday.

My 21st birthday, to be exact. The one everyone is supposed to get excited about, but im not fussy. Im quite happy to quietly celebrate with a few friends and family, and of course cake!

A few weeks ago my mom joked that she would throw me a Doctor Who (it's my favorite =)) themed party. And I was very pleased (probably more excited than an adult should be) when she came home one day with Tardis blue party hats and red bow-ties. I donned this party attire all day, although the bow-tie was strangling me a bit. 





I woke up to a shinning Sephora bag filled with some exciting presents! Which, of course im going to show off soon! I got other presents too, but you can probably understand that this was just the highlight of my day. ...UNTIL....

My mom brought home the best birthday cake I will likely ever have. The life of the party - A custom Tardis cake! Which was also delicious, red velvet cake with cream cheese filling. Unfortunately for everyone, it wasn't bigger on the inside.

To go with my party bow-tie, I painted on a matching red lip (also one of my favorite things). 
For once I didn't reach for my beloved Nars Dragon Girl Velvet Matte Lip Pencil. Not because I don't love it anymore, just because lately I've been really into my new Elf Matte Lip Color in Rich red. It's not the best formula, but it's a really pretty bright pink red. And I just wore some simple eye-shadow from the Naked Basics Palette

That concludes my exciting Birthday. Back to my regular beauty posts soon. Even if this didn't particularly interest you, Thanks to everyone who reads my blog! 





  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment