Monday, June 17, 2013

Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Fuchsia Shock


It feels like summer; I went swimming yesterday for the first time this season and the water was perfect! I didn't wear any makeup obviously, but you know there's something about the change in weather that always inspires change in makeup for me. I doubt i'd ever give up my bright lipsticks for nudes and bronzer, but I thought that trading dense opaque formulas for sheer creamy ones would be a nice change. 



This lipstick was on a wishlist I made a few months ago, and I got it shortly after that. The reason it stood out amongst all the other lipsticks on the list, was that it's a nice soft sheer texture unlike most lipsticks I own. And while we are on the subject, the texture is soft smooth and creamy but in no way sticky. Which sold me, because there's nothing I hate more than sticky stuff on my lips!  

Alright I do love the packaging. If you have a minute, join me on a google search of the original Too-Faced Lipsticks, so we can both be thankful that it was changed. Because as a grown woman, I dont want a lipstick in baby-pink fairy princess packaging complete with plastic diamond accents! I much prefer this sleek and chic bullet, it's gold, it's embossed, and it's weighty-ness makes me feel a little more confident in the price tag. (being $21)




The lovely thing about these lipsticks are that they're build-able. With this one, I can build up a few layers to get an almost opaque, full on glossy fuchsia lip (like the swatch). And im typically not a fan of glossy lips, but I have to admit it looks stunning. The downside it's that amount of product makes the lips feel heavy, and it's just as high-maintenance as any other bold lip - if not more due to the dangerously slippery texture (one wrong move and it's on your chin).

So, I prefer to wear it a little more subtly (like the photo below). I typically wear just one thin layer of it, it smooths on very easily and evenly thanks to the creamy texture. What I end up with is a very sheer wash of bright pink, but I will say that it still looks bright pink! 




Im enjoying this light texture and this fantastic fuchsia color. I've been wearing it at least once a week and I think im ready for some new sheer lipsticks. But I doubt I'll be buying more of these - Didnt see that coming - only because they strike me as extremely similar to the Revlon LipButters! Almost exactly the same texture, and even a similar range of colors! So until I become rich enough to buy these just for the packaging, I'll be hitting up Target and saving myself some money. 



  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment